UOB, short for United Overseas Bank, is a leading bank in Singapore, offering a wide range of banking products and services to individuals and businesses. It is the third-largest bank in Southeast Asia, with over 500 branches and offices in 19 countries.
Here are some of the bank account types that expats can use in UOB Singapore:
- UOB One Account. Versatile account that offers a variety of features, including cash management, savings, and credit card facilities. Initial minimum deposit = S$1,000.
- Uniplus Account. Statement-based savings and comes with a UOB One Debit Mastercard which you can use to get up to 10% rebate on online shopping, groceries, transport, and more.
- UOB Global Currency Account. A multi-currency account that allows you to hold and manage multiple currencies in one account.
- UOB Global Currency Premium Account is a premium version of the UOB Global Currency Account that offers higher interest rates and more features, such as access to foreign exchange trading services.
- UOB Wealth Account. For expats with >S$100k in assets. Lowest tier of wealth management services that provides you with a dedicated relationship manager, wealth banking centers in Singapore, and priority banking services.
- UOB Privilege Account. For expats with >S$350k in assets. Similar to Wealth but offers privilege banking centers across Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Vietnam, and Thailand.
To open a personal or business account in UOB Singapore as a non-resident, you will need to:
- Visit a UOB branch in person
- Bring your passport and other identification documents
- Complete the necessary paperwork